All during my pregnancy I craved a fresh sandwich with loads of ham and turkey. The problem? You can’t have ham and turkey while pregnant unless you want to scorch it first and make it like a weird piece of leather. No thanks, I’ll pass.
Since we had about a million camping trips planned this summer, I needed to come up with a lunch meal that would be easy, fast and something that would pack in the cooler well. Enter the most delicious Chicken Salad. I used a recipe off the can, but added in a few of my own additions, and this completely hit the spot!
(2) 12.5 oz cans of Chunk chicken breast, drained
2-4 Celery sticks, cleaned and diced
1 cup dried cranberries
1 to 1.5 cup Mayonnaise (to taste and texture)
1 Tbsp Honey dijon mustard
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup pecans (optional)
1 head of romaine lettuce
12 croissant rolls
- Drain chicken breast and place aside in large bowl. I usually take a fork, or whatever I’m using the mix, and start to smash and separate the chicken as I put it in.
- Dice the celery sticks into small pieces and add to the chicken.
- Add the cranberries and pecans.
- Add the mayonnaise and honey and start to mix all together. I sometimes add more mayonnaise as preferred to taste and texture.
- Add the salt and pepper, mix again, taste. Add more if you need to!
- Chill for an hour or more.
- Cut open the croissant rolls for a sandwich with the lettuce, or use the lettuce as a lettuce wrap for a delicious, healthy meal!